vQmod(Virtual Quick Mod) is an override system designed to avoid having to change core files. The concept is quite simple… Instead of making changes to the core files directly, the changes are created as xml search/replace script files. These script files are parsed during page load as each “source” core file is loaded with the “include” or “require” php functions. The source is then patched with the script file changes, and saved to a temp file. That temp file is then substituted for the original during execution. The original source file is never altered. This results in a “virtual” change to the core during execution without any actual modification to the core files.
- Remove a mod by simply removing the associated xml file from the vqmod/xml folder
- OpenCart upgrades will not overwrite your changes or scripts
- Different modifications to the same file can co-exist
- Powerful yet easy to learn syntax
- Can be used to virtually alter any php or tpl file in OpenCart (except the main index.php)