1. Space has always been a problem with the older BBs. Go to Options>Status & see the amount of free memory. Typically, this should be at least 100MB on modern Bbs or at least 20MB on older ones. It’s displayed in bytes, so 100MB is displayed as 102400000 bytes
2. If you find that you’re running out of space, go to Options>Applications & look for 3rd party application that are no longer needed. Delete them. Also look for Add-ons, and delete the ones you don’t need.
Do not delete any core applications.
3. RIM sets Memory Cleaning in BBs to “Disabled” by default. Go to Options>Security Options>Advanced Security Options>Memory Cleaning & change the Status to Enabled. Also set the Idle Timeout to 2 minutes. Also set the Show Icon on home Screen setting to Yes. You will now see this icon, & can manually click it to clean memory when the BB start acting sluggish.
4. Go to Options>Memory, & enable Compression. This may actually slow down a few things, like opening an attachment, but uses less memory & results in a less memory & results in a less sluggish phone.
5. Not many people know that BBs keep an event log of almost everything – quiet useless for most of us. To access this log hold down [Alt] & type out [LGLG] Press the menu button & select Clear Log.
6. Instead of navigating away from the apps,please press [BB] button & select Close from the menu that pops up. This will prevent the apps from sitting int the background
7. If you surf a lot on B remember to periodically clear the browser cache. In the browser, press the BB button & select Options. Go to Cache Operations & delete everything.
[ALT] + [Back Arrow]=Application switcher
[T]=Go to the top
[B]=go to the bottom of the page
Just hold on the letter for a second to capitalize it rather that typing [Shift]+[Letter]
In browser when certains pages don’t open correctly, just press [Z]. Switches between column view & page view
[Alt]+[I]=incoming items only
[Alt]+[O]=outgoing items only
In messages use [U] to jump to oldest unread msg, [N]= Next unread, [P]= previous unread